ANGER MANAGEMENT ASB - POLICIES FOR PARTICIPANTS
By participating in Anger Management ASB program, group members are expected to follow the acceptable policy terms described herein. Please note that Anger Management ASB may, in its sole discretion, with or without notice, terminate participant’s continuation of the program.
Policy for ALL participants of Anger Management ASB
1. Anger Management ASB reserves the right to refuse treatment to anyone.
2. Participants must pay prior to the time of service. Payments are non-refundable once the service has been rendered. Any disputes will incur the full fee plus a $30 dispute or bank fee.
3. Participants are to show a copy of valid photo ID during the intake session to verify that they are who they say they are.
4. If a participant schedules an intake and does not show up for their appointment, without cancelling 24 hours in advance, they will be charged an extra $30.00 for any future appointments and they will not be refunded for the initial intake fee. Once purchased, there will be no refund for the workbook.
5. Participants agree to the confidentiality policy of Anger Management ASB and are prohibited to share personal information of other members outside class sessions.
6. Anger Management ASB facilitators will only release information if there is a signed consent from the client authorizing information exchange.
7. Participants are not to display any behavior that disrupts or distracts from the group process. This includes, but is not limited to the following: eating and/or drinking during group sessions; sleeping and inattentiveness; use of cellular phones, or other
8. Participants are to attend sessions substance-free at all times. If the facilitator suspects that participant is under the influence of a substance, they reserve the right to dismiss participant from group without refund.
9. Participants are to arrive on time and remain for the entire session. Any client arriving more than 5 minutes late will not be allowed to attend class session. If a participant is late three times, the participant’s report will reflect disruptive to the class, and poor attendance. Participants must be visible during virtual meets.
10. Upon request, the participant shall have the right to review his/her case file with the program director, or group facilitator. An hourly fee ($32.00) will be charged if the process takes more than 10 minutes.
11. Partners, friends, and family members cannot be in the same anger management class together. There are many reasons for this policy. Anyone who has a close relationship with a group participant may, however, attend other anger management classes throughout our program. Anger Management ASB currently offers over 6 anger management classes weekly, so there are many options.
12. Children and guests are not permitted to attend group with participant.
13. Participants of Anger Management ASB are to have no personal relationships with other participants outside of group.
14. Participants are not permitted to bring any weapons to session or class, including pocket knives. If there is any suspicion of weapons, participant will be dismissed from the entire program. *
15. If a participant threatens to do harm or kill another person, they will be reported immediately to law enforcement and referring courts. The foreseeable victim(s) will also be warned at that time. Additionally, if the participant threatens to harm him or herself, the appropriate agency will be notified for their protection. Racial or discriminative comments will NOT be accepted and will result in termination from the program.
16. Appropriate attire is enforced in class sessions; revealing clothing will not be allowed. If questionable attire is worn in class, or obvious policy violation occurs, the facilitator/supervisor will hold a personal, private discussion with the participant to advise them regarding the inappropriateness of the attire and/or will not be permitted to participate in class session.
17. Anger Management ASB is not liable for any lost or stolen items. Participants will be responsible for their own personal property brought with them to class. *
18. You are required to complete a post evaluation. This helps determine the effectiveness of the program, as well as your progress.
19. If participant does not attend a class for up to 3 weeks, they are required to complete the online intake again and begin over.
20. Participants attending Anger Management classes or sessions as a volunteer or self-referred will have to sign a “Declaration of Volunteer form” in the presence of the facilitator prior to beginning sessions. This is to indicate that Anger Management ASB will not provide documentation to neither the client nor to any third parties regarding attendance or completion of classes.
Policy for court-ordered / work-mandated participants of Anger Management ASB
1. Participants who need a progress report need to be aware of the following:
a. A week for Anger Management ASB runs from Monday to Saturday.
b. A proof of enrollment can be provided upon successful completion of Intake.
c. Anger Management ASB will need a signed consent from the participant authorizing facilitator to obtain information from the courts.
d. Anger Management ASB will provide soft copies of the official documents (Progress reports or Verification of Enrollment) via email to the supervising court only.
e. Participants will NOT be allowed to take more than two groups a week - our week starts on Monday and ends Saturday.
f. Participants will receive the number of sessions completed on their progress report based on the date of the court minutes. If classes were completed prior to the court order, those can be reflected on a separate verification of enrollment form. The official progress report will only indicate the classes completed after the date of the court order.
g. Participants must give a written (either via text or email) 8 day notice, prior to the date of delivery, to the facilitators when requesting a progress report. Please note that a Progress Report is oftentimes provided prior to or immediately after a class, since there are no general office hours. There will be a $30.00 rush fee if the documentation is requested in short notice.
2. Violence, threats and foul language will not be tolerated at Anger Management ASB and will be reported to the courts/workplace immediately.
3. Anger Management ASB may notify the Court monitoring agency, in writing, within 30 days of a client failing to complete the program (Performing unsatisfactorily or not participating and benefiting from the educational or anger management program).
4. Anger Management ASB will provide Anger Management Evaluations upon request. Results will be provided to a third party ONLY after a consent or release of information is signed by the participant.
5. Anger Management ASB shall provide an “Attendance Alert” to notify the court/probation officer / monitoring agency/ workplace when a client has accumulated three (3) absences. Termination of the program can occur if more than 3 sessions are missed in the program. Notice of 24+ hours prior to cancelling a session will not be recorded as an absence.